Contact Us Form
In this article we'll present best practices for your Contact Us Form that we believe you should keep in mind.
For Contact Us Form examples check out this link.
- Access: Your Contact Us Form should be easily locatable by the costumer.
- Set Expectations:
- Purpose: Make it clear to the user what the form should be used for.
- Response: Make it clear to the user when they can expect a response.
- Form Body: Make sure to ask only for necessary information that will help understand who contacted you and what they need. We suggest adding the following fields but you may add any relevant information to you:
- Full Name
- Company Name or other identification (If applicable)
- Email Address
- Phone Number
- Category and/or Department Drop-down and/or free text Subject
- Confirmation: Present the user with a confirmation that their inquiry has been accepted. This can be done either by email, redirecting the user to a confirmation web page or Pop-up message.
- Send an Email: When opening a ticket in glassix you can send an Email using the information submitted by the costumer. When doing so pay attention to the following:
Note: You can create a ticket in Glassix using the API. For more information go here.
- Send an email from the JS or server side.
- Send the Email to Glassix inbound email address.
- Write unique subject to insure all parties can distinguish beteen emails and to prevent emails getting put in the same thread. For example: "<Full Name> <Subject> <Time Stamp>" .
- Add all the inforamtion from the form in the email body.
- Reply-To Header: Set the Reply-To email header to the email of the user submiting the form. This will automatically add the user as a participant in the ticket, and will ignore the sender's email, which is the email that sends the form.
Let's say that you have a form in your website that asks your user to add their email and a message. The email you will send to Glassix will look something like this:
Reply-To: John Doe <email@example.com>
Subject: New message from John
For more information on implementation:
- CAPTCHA: We recommend using CAPTCHA with your form and throughout your website. You can read more about the types of CAPTCHA here and add it to your website using this guide.